Welcome to the Ace Makerspace Laser Program portal page. This page links to the Barracuda laser asset page as well as many guides and other laser-related articles. Ace Makerspace as a large industrial laser, the Barracuda from LightObject.
This laser cutter is a 100w CO2 infrared laser suitable for cutting wood, acrylic, fabrics, leathers and more. It can etch glass and some metals but doesn’t cut either.
Learning and Certification
To get certified, check out our class offering at the Ace Makerspace website. Class includes everything you need to be certified to use the Ace laser.
- The laser costs .50¢ a min. (firing time only) to use
- 1300mm x 900mm x 66mm bed size
- Using the laser requires certification
- Only Ace members can use the laser
- There is a nifty binder in the room with additional helpful information