Skip to content
When to call dibs:
- When you want to use a machine in a specific time period
- When you are going to do a big project in a space
- When you need it to be quiet for a class
- When you need to use the whole area
How to call dibs on a tool or area:
- Go to the relevant channel on Slack
- Call dibs by saying when you are going to bogart the tool or space
- Pin the post
- Remove the pin when you’re done
- Call as much or as little as you need
- Check other people’s dibs before you call yours
- Check the calendar to make sure there is not a class
- If you don’t show up in the first 15 min., folks will consider the tool or area fair game and that you are flaking on your dibs (don’t do this a lot).
- If your dibs dominates a whole room for recording you should put a sign on the door letting people know recording is going on.