Updated June 29, 2021
Getting your first fob
There are three ways to get your first fob.
- Come for a tour and pick one up there. We have tours every Wednesday at 7pm or you can book a week-day tour via our booking tool.
- Contact our awesome Member Services associate to coordinate a pick-up. Current availability is approximately Mondays from 10am to 2pm and Thursdays from 4pm to 7pm. Click here to book a 1:1 appointment
- Come to the New Member Orientation workshop. Help with sign-up and fob activation is available before and after the main presentation. See the calendar for the next workshop.
Please note that your fob is tied to your account even if you take a break from membership. If you renew or restart your membership you will not need a new fob or need to go through the activation process.
Please note that if you are here for another workshop your host or instructor may be able to help you get a fob as well.
Getting a replacement fob
You can get a replacement fob from the fob-making station in suite 206 (Coworking / Textiles). There are a bunch of ways to get access to the space including:
- Asking one of your fellow members to help you get access
- Coming to the Weekly Tour
- Contact our awesome Member Services associate to coordinate a pick-up. Current availability is approximately Wednesday’s and Thursdays. Click here to book a 1:1 appointment
- Coming at the very beginning of a workshop happening in that room
In both cases follow the instructions provided to get the new fob associated with your membership account.
When your fob will be activated
We have a tiny team of staff processing things like fob requests. Generally speaking, we get to things within 24 hours to 48 hours. Sometimes faster but our level of service is 24 to 48 hour response time. To determine if the situation needs immediate attention please read the following wiki post and follow the instructions. https://wiki.acemakerspace.org/urgent-vs-frustrating-vs-emergency/
Reactivating fobs when members return is an automated process, but vaccination verification is not. To check your status go to the Ace Member Directory and check your profile for C192 Certification. If you see your profile and the certification your fob, if you have one on file, is active.