Reasons to log activity
- The thing acting strangely
- The thing is broken
- The thing is fixed
- People need to know about the thing
- You cleaned or maintained the thing
How to log activity
- Go to the relevant channel
- Type: /asset AMT### your update. Example
- /asset AMT001 Up. Rails cleaned and lubricated.
- Slackbot will respond with a message telling you the status has been updated.
- If the issue is with access points or doors, follow the reporting steps listed here
Examples of /Asset Posts
- /asset AMT### Up. But making a funky grindy noise. Need help to see if it is broken.
- /asset AMT### Up. Tables cleaned and waxed
- /asset AMT### Down. Sparking and dropping power. Seems very unsafe.
- /asset AMT### Up. Fixed damaged cord. Thanks for the quick QC @team-(tool)
- /asset AMT### Down. It is jamming and stopping every few min. I don’t know if it is broken or I am doing something wrong but wanna be safe.
- /asset AMT### Up. Cleaned the optics and did the rails. Lots of build-up this time. See Slack for photos.
What to do when there is no asset number?
Not to worry, you can report that too! Here are the steps:
- Go to the relevant channel on slack
- Make a post about what broke/got fixed, etc.
- If at all possible post a photo of the thing or situation
Example: There is an issue with the Network. Go to #amt-network and post about the issue, provide screenshot if at all possible.