Sometimes, people are awesome and donate things to ACE. Thank you! Donations can get tricky though. Even though the item might be useful, ACE might not be the right home for it. We also have very limited space and value the clear space we do have. With that in mind, we are very careful about what donations we take on. Please do not just drop off or install items at ACE without contacting the responsible party or team.
Donations of Money
Want to donate your hard-earned, cold, hard dollars to support the space? We love that!
If you would prefer to donate via cash or check, please send an email to the officers, and an officer will be in touch with you to assist you with your donation.
Donations of Stuff
Do you have an extra thing that you think would be ideal for an ACE tool, area or program?
DON’T JUST Drop it off (aka DUMP) IT: ACE is a space-limited organization!
Ace works hard to be “inclusion forward”. Some of the questions we ask before adding things are:
- Will this thing make any other tool item or area harder to use?
- Will this make anything less inclusive (hard to reach, difficult to use for new folks, etc.)?
- Will this item make the existing tools or areas harder to maintain?
- How many people will benefit from or use this item regularly?
- Does this item fill a community resources gap in Oakland?
- How hard is it to teach users to use this thing?
- How much space does the thing take up?
Check with the relevant Officer, Steward, or Stewardship team first, as ACE only accepts approved donations of stuff. Once you donate items, ACE folks will to the Secretary, who will then issue you a shiny new donation receipt!
Donations to AMT are deductible using code PC, per IRS Tax-Exempt Organization Search: “…an individual who itemizes deductions may deduct contributions … up to 50% (60% for cash contributions) of his or her adjusted gross income computed without regard to net operating loss carrybacks.”
(see also IRS Confirmation)