The AMT store sells membership and goods.
We use WooCommerce with a series of extensions on a WordPress site including:
- Membership – Does what you think it does
- Subscriptions – Allow for subscription
- Stripe Payment Gateway – take the monies
- Follow-Up (email plugin) – all the emails ever both automated and manual
- Smart Coupons (gift certificates, etc.) – makes our freebies and gift certificates
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices – makes our packing slips
- WooCommerce Name Your Price – Allows us to have a donation product where the user chooses the price
There is copious documentation online on Woocommerce and the extensions we use.
Taxes and such
- We have to collect sales tax on any goods we sell.
- Make sure to check the local sales tax option
- Not charging tax means that AMT must pay the 9.25% out of pocket… often our profit margin is less than that.
- The online store tracks our inventory.
- Cash sales will have to be tracked manually in the store.
- How to Add a Product
Monthly Inventory Check
Doing this requires admin access in WordPress. The monthly inventory does not include AMT clothing. That is done quaterly.
- GO to Products and verify that the inventory listed is what is on the shelf. You can see inventory in the quick edit of each product to make this more efficient.
- Report any discrepancies to [email protected] and cc: officers
Memberships vs Products